1. Are my dependents entitled to the same services?
Yes, your dependents enrolled under the plan are entitled to the same services as yourself for all benefits.
2. I am not so sure about the diagnosis or treatment suggested to me by my physician or the hospital facility where I need to undergo surgery. How can I get a second medical opinion?
Please send an email to email@example.com or contact 1900 55 88 64
3. If I need to go to the emergency department, whom should I contact?
Show your Luma card at the admissions desk of the hospital and ask them to contact our claims department. You will find all telephone numbers to contact us 24/7 on your card. Please note your Luma card is not a guarantee of direct payment, nor proof of insurance. For confirmation that your treatment is covered, please contact us.
4. How do I submit a claim?
You may send the claim to us directly by post or submit your request online. Please see here for more information.
5. Do I need to translate documents into English or Vietnamese for my claim to be processed? No. Our multicultural teams can process claims submitted in any language.
6. How do I know when my claim has been reimbursed?
You will receive an email alert as soon as your claim is reimbursed, or you can simply track the status of your claims by logging in to your online member’s area.
7. I do not understand the reimbursement that I received/I disagree with the reimbursement. Who should I contact?
Please contact our claims department. We will give you the clarifications you need.
8. Can I benefit from direct payment to a hospital or practitioner?
Yes, Luma can make a direct payment for hospitalization, maternity, or other types of expenses depending on the terms of your plan. You will need to fill out the precertification form and contact our claims department by phone, fax, or email and give them the name of the hospital or practitioner and their address and phone number. After confirmation of coverage, we will then arrange for direct payment of your treatment to be made to the healthcare provider, subject to medical acceptance.
9. What happens if I did not request prior approval for the treatment that requires one?
You may find that your treatment is not covered under your plan and direct payment to the medical providers may be delayed. Do not hesitate to ask us for prior approval. We will respond within 72 hours of receiving your request.
10. What is my login/password to access my online services?
- Go to our website lumahealth.com, “access to My account”.
- Login using the email address you gave us when you applied and fill in your password.
- For the first login, please fill in the password from the automatic email. You can then change your password for the next login.
- In case you forgot your password, you can click “Forget Password”; our new login password will be sent directly to you by email.
11. Can I add more people to the policy?
Yes. You may add:
- Spouse - must be legally married, in civil partnership, or permanently living in a similar relationship with the eligible member.
- Dependent children - including the eligible member’s own children, legally adopted children, step-children, foster children, and any other child who depends on the sole support of the eligible member. Eligible dependent children must also live with the eligible member in a customary parent-child relationship.
Conditions of age for all dependent children:
- Children under the age of 18 must be unmarried.
- Children between the age of 18 and 24 must be unmarried, in full-time education, and depend solely upon the eligible member’s expatriate’s support.
- Newborn children must be enrolled within 25 days after the date of birth.
12. Can I renew my policy?
Yes, all our individual plans guarantee renewability regardless of your age or state of health.
13. What is covered under Complications of pregnancy and delivery from natural conception (10 months waiting period)?
The Company will pay Medically Necessary, Customary, and Reasonable Medical Charges, for Treatment of prenatal and postnatal complications sustained by the Covered Person, not including costs of delivery of any child whether such delivery is by normal, by Caesarean section, or by any other assisted means.
14. What is covered under Maternity benefits? (10 months waiting period)
- Normal pregnancy and delivery costs, including costs of delivery of any child whether such delivery is by medically necessary Caesarean section or by any other assisted means.
- Newborn care within 25 days after birth.